Friday, July 31, 2009

oh, and White Rabbit

Greetings, friends. Here I am, in the middle of a short quiet. Perhaps in the eye of the storm known as life...

In other words, I've not gone on any grand adventures recently that you do not already know about. 'Tis true, I did go on a short trip to Dallas with MizJ and Joshua for a debate camp, and did learn significant things about debating this year's resolution (resolved:that competition is superior to cooperation as a means to achieving excellence). I even took pictures! *GASP*

So to add on top of all of this, I have a few things to note. Firstly, the pictures from not only debate camp #1 but also pictures from El Rancho Cima.

DFW Debate Camp 09
El Rancho Cima 09

Also, I have a couple notes upon the look of this blog. I changed the name, made some changes to the colors, moved some links, and was startled when I returned. "What, it's changed?? Oh yeah, I remember doing that."

The most significant, and unfortunately saddest, change, is the moving of several blogs from "Them in Texas" to "The Ancient Archives of Blogs Gone By". The result of this is that I no longer have a link section entitled "Them in Texas." A moment of silence for those closed blogs, and my hope for you writers -- carry on with what you did, as good as it all was.

If you are reading this, you are perhaps one of the few who still post in the world of bloggers. Do not let it die! (This has been a public service announcement funded by nobody in particular because it did not need funding)

I would sing the praises of a blog above and beyond the time-consuming facebook... but I can't very well be objective, firstly because Blogs were around before facebook, I've had this particular blog for a significant period of time, and I've not actually experienced the great and terrible power of what is called facebook. My-Face, Space-Book, whatever the name :)

Well then, I've not much more to say. I thank you for continuing to read these sometimes misguided musings. Stay tuned.

God bless!
-Petr

P.S. Wow, looking back through the archives... there were some very interesting strings of comments. You guys always know how to make things exciting :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey, you stole our name! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't really compare Facebook and a blog, they are too different. Both have their merits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And... so it goes. Can you truly make an interesting string of comments out of a passing statement about Facebook? :)

    Note the somewhat tongue-in-cheek phrasing. Though I am interested to hear what you (general pronoun referring to the reader of this particular comment) have to say about it. Yeah?

    ReplyDelete