Thursday, February 14, 2008

Some such day -- and undisturbed wandering

Did you know that valentine's day is one of my pet peeves? (well you do now)

It's reeeaaaallly quite pointless for anyone under the age of... say, 18 (being conservative here!). Why all these highschoolers are obsessed with it I'll never know. But needless to say, I have renamed February 14th. I call it "God's own time" day. ;)

SOOO ANYWHO.

Today was fairly productive in the general sense of the word. Productive:producing or capable of producing, yielding positive results. I spent a majority of the morning and a good deal of the afternoon scrubbing doors. Yep. Scrubba-dub-dub. With a wet rag, some degreaser, a "magic eraser", some "goo gone".... I would post some pictures! But I don't have any. Regardless, it was a major improvement. Many doors and walls still need paint touchups, and an occasional drywall repair.
The whole purpose of this (aside from breaking my back 25 times over) was to complete a requirement for the Family Life merit badge (more boy scouts!). This is a Eagle required MB, so I'll have to finish it at some point or another. The rest of the plan for this string of requirements is to have the entire family participate in a serious car washing. All cars, all cleaning. Let's do it!

Now playing: Random Michael W. Smith. No, this is not another hard Christian extreme ROCK person. His music is (NOT) older than Petra, milder than Newsboys, better lyrics than Relient K. Apply the universal knowledge of a google search for further details and maybe some youtube samples... or something. Yaaaah, right.

Technicality man. Nerdy? Slightly philosophical?? Hard core LD... er... wanna be. Hey, that was just a setback! I might get to regionals this year! I won the "Hope of the Future" award! (that really was something my debate coach gave me last year. It came with a Marble Slab Creamery gift card)

And I finally finished that Woodstock latchook that you saw me working on so long ago, Arwen. It makes a nice pillow now.

-Petr

9 comments:

  1. But Michael W. Smith is not older than Petra. Petra was old when I was young, but Michael W. Smith was getting started when I was in high school.

    Your poor, aching back. But the doors do look better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO if people have to explain who MWS is??????? Aggghhhh!!!

    Actually my favorite part of V-day is reading the outraged protests from every single Blogger. Hahaha. Not that I really support Valentine's Day, I just enjoy reading everyones reasons why it should be permanently abolished. Why do I sense you'll be annoyed at me for this?

    ~JCP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Peter - That's a good name for Valentines day! Good luck on the regional/state competitions Which MWS were you listening to? I currently have "Healing Rain" in my CD - great running music, plus a bonus old Simon & Garfunkel tune for cool down - "Bridge Over Troubled Waters." The cd got me through 4 miles Friday!

    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like washing cars... when it's warm outside! The dad of one of my friends here always washes the car once a month or so, no matter how freezing it is. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! This is jc_penny's car speaking. Once a month washing sounds like heaven! Did I mention I am NEVER WASHED!!!! And you think I'm kidding, too!

    ~JCP's Car

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah...well...Michael W. Smith's a little too old for me :-)
    Although, have to agree with the lyrics comparison with Relient K.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just want to say that Valentine's day aka Singles Awareness Day is horrible. Happy couples shouldn't have to have a day to be nice to each other, unhappy couples are just gonna be stressed about it, recently broken up people go to pieces, and singles, even happily single singles, sit around and feel sad. I admit that I fall into the third category and that I DID go to pieces. It just is not cool or happy or good or even ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish not concur on it. I over polite post. Specially the appellation attracted me to read the sound story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

    ReplyDelete