Sunday, February 14, 2010

In celebration - of?

The question of the day...

Or is it?
_________________________________________________________

Good evening, my dear friends! It may even be morning for some of you. But that makes no difference to the likes of myself -- we have things that need to be done at such late hours!

Ok, so there's another reason. Has anybody heard of Terminal Man?
http://www.wired.com/autopia/tag/terminal-man/

No, that's not what's going on here. Just similar. I wonder if he ever stayed the night in Denver...

Long story short, if you desire. Debate tournaments, much traveling, ski trip, stuck in airport overnight. Short enough? :)

This latest adventure started last week. Roughly. Almost a week and a day ago, in fact. 12 AM Saturday night -- we got up and drive 3 hours to Dallas, got on a plane at 6, watched the sun come up somewhere outside from between complete strangers. And that was just the first flight. From Denver we took a mid-morning flight to Aspen (and slept the whole way). A lot of hurry-up-and-wait-ing going on, or certainly after we arrived in Aspen. The ski place (oh yes, did I mention it's a ski trip?) had weird management policies, the condominium wouldn't let us in until 4ish, and lunch wasn't exactly easy to come by.

How about I sum up again? This entire past week consisted of a whole lot of skiing, some eating, some sleeping (you think!), and of course just enough debate/speech prep to realize that I'm not doing nearly enough.

The snow conditions in Snowmass were almost ideal: powder the day we arrived, snow for most of the week to keep that layer of powder there, and a whole lot of back country (extreme terrain, YEAH!) deep powder. Yes I did "drag" several people down the tough ones quite a bit :)

I might well have some pictures up from said trip soon. However, realize that I didn't take a whole lot of pics, and they're not all much to look at.
But I've got some from the last tournament!
DFW Feb 10
(That's a whole mess of html, by the way. Not that I would know what all of it means)

_________________________________________________________
I have the great privilege of achieving 100 posts. YAAAAY

So is it competition or cooperation that got me here? :)

God bless!
-Petr

3 comments:

  1. Ski pictures? Oh, I guess they are at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to see the ski pictures nonetheless. :o) Glad you survived that "interesting" trip. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stuck in an airport over night?? Sounds like you've had one exciting trip!! And congrats on 100 posts!! :)

    ReplyDelete