Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Boundless joking

A little explanation, that was a joke too, the "JCP situation" deal. It just happened that Shadow and I had a little "chat" after the first comment about "dear shadow" and my "dear post". So right about now, several inside jokes will be started, and nobody will have a clue what anybody is talking about, until they read my comment box.

Apologies, Penny, you weren't the only one taking that too far. :)

I knew I had to post sometime soon anyway...

So in honor of a "new post", I shall bring up a new topic, rather than an old one.

If anyone has been paying attention to the weather around here for the past week, they would know that we have gotten a lot of rain and sleet, and just a couple flakes of snow. It has turned miserably cold (for some people anyway) and driving has been slightly affected by all this weather.

One such occasion of driving being affected was Cada staying here overnight. His ma didn't want him driving all the way from the middle of nowhere out here for chemistry, then back out again, and back in, and back out, and maybe one or two more times, for fear he might get hurt in all that traveling on icy roads. Now this wasn't any really big occasion, which is just one more reason why I am making a big occasion of it...

Nice weather today, wouldn't you (dis)agree?

Because of debate and other such circumstances, it may be a while before I post anything other than comments (on my own blog--wouldn't you know it!), so no begging from anyone (Penney!) to post until it has been at least two weeks.

12 comments:

  1. Imagine that--I've made a situation out of a friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is/was this debate and how is it going? Inside jokes eh? Hmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we are true southerners. The last time we got any accumulation of snow was last millenium, and the temperature here often drops to -5 degrees. Celsius. I do not like this weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the other hand, at least I have something fun to do. I get to keep the wood burning stove going all day. Kinda hard to do when all of the firewood is frozen together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, but you can't beat our three inches of solid ice that looks like snow everywhere. Or the fact that we're scheduled to get four inches of snow this weekend. :o) Try that for slick driving!

    Stay warm....

    ReplyDelete
  6. STAY WARM? We're going on a campout. Cold and wet all the way. Just like old times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately, he's right. Cold and wet all the way.

    Shadow, this debate is almost a year round thing. There are three qualifiers (I think) for anyone and everyone in the league, and if you qualify there, you go to the regionals, and from there to nationals, where if you win that, you get a full scholarship to... some remote out in northwest somewhere college. Go look it up. NCFCA is the league.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A situation out of a friend...oh Lord. :-) DO YOU KNOW HOW GOOD IT FEELS TO BE ON THIS THING AGAIN???? It's been 8 whole days..... :-)

    Oh, I'm not the only one who's been taking things too far? I really don't think anyone has been taking things "too far." YOU and your FRIEND are the ones making a big deal out of this....you TALKED about me???? *cranes neck*

    I guess I'll just post about the trip up here...and the car...and the grill. That's what you guys get for helping people. *hangs head*

    ~JCP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and now you have to officially move me off the Texas list. Into THE OTHER ONE. Sorry, Shadow, I won't say the name out loud....I miss Texas!

    ~JCP

    ReplyDelete
  10. 8 whole days! You got internet connection that fast after moving?!?!

    Technically, it was a "chat", a google chat (we both have gmail).

    BTW, the minivan is back, and it turned out to be just a broken hose, or something like that... something about a radiator hose...

    Oh, bummer. Now I will be asked to relate this story about the minivan. Ok, so I will, eventually, but it won't be anytime soon, because I will be gone from Wednesday afternoon to Saturday night. Sorry, debate. :-| *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yous till haven't moved my link. Debating is never a good excuse. :-P I'll post the minivan story, if you like. I don't know all the details on your end, though. *shrug*

    I'm adjusting up here.

    s l o w l y

    ~JCP

    ReplyDelete
  12. He hasn't moved your link because he's in Houston, debating. He oughta be back sometime today. I'll remind him.

    ReplyDelete