Monday, January 08, 2007

comins and goins

If anyone has wondered where I have been, wonder no longer because the explanation is here.

If you don't yet know, I am debating in the national homeschool league, the NCFCA. On Thursday, Friday, and Saturday I was at a practice tournament with the West Houston Speech and Debate Club. That, as you may or may not have suspected, has taken up a lot of extra time, seeing as how I need lots of evidence and quotes and such stuff like that (Shadow, I know, Google, but there are others, that give results that the average debater might not think about...). "Research".

And tonight, I went to that big Renaissance ball that one of the homeschoolers was having for her 16th birthday party. Really quite different from your typical party...

Short update, more may come later, I make no promises.

9 comments:

  1. Did you enjoy the ball at all?

    (Haha, I rhymed that time. :o)

    Hope Speech and Debate goes well. Sounds exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost all the ball was a...
    We had a ball at the ball.

    The turkey could have used a fork and a great big knife, though. You know she wanted to be rather authentic, and had only spoons, and of course we had to bring our own knives, and we couldn't wipe them on the tablecloth...

    And the grammar errors in an attempt to sound "authentic" were quite atrocious occasionally. I won't point any fingers, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go ahead, point at me...we all know who it was! :-) Spectre, something tells me that a larger knife would have been of more aid than a fork! I had a really good time. The "freestyle" at the end was a bit odd, but oh well. And the drunk thing - you KNOW I was kidding. Sarcastically kidding, sheesh! I hope your debate season goes well.


    ~JCP

    ReplyDelete
  4. JCP, I was NOT pointing anything at you. If anybody, that would have been one of the servants (hint hint). One of the servants that most people call... Hannah...

    Serious, if you're gonna take the pointed fingers, at least think twice about what I mean... !

    And Sheesh yourself!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's get this straight - I WAS KIDDING!!! :-) There. I was simply making a lighthearted comment as to the fact that I was just as guilty as the servants...especially Hannah. "Wouldeth youeth liketh someth moreth cidereth..." etc etc etc. :-)

    ~JCP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never been to a ball.

    01G100o010o011g010l001e0100i0101s1011
    0y010o011u000r1101f011r010i011e011n001d011

    ReplyDelete
  7. nononono, lemme get THIS straight to you, I was kidding too. /O_o\

    Shadow, why all the "01G100o010o011..." etc. filler?

    ReplyDelete
  8. "It's a subliminal message"
    The Shadow said mysteriously.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *snorts in pretend disgust* :-) Fine, fine.

    ~JCP

    ReplyDelete