Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Procrastination

Isn't it such a terrible thing? I mean, right now I'm supposed to be writing an Affirmative case for my debate camp--that we leave for tomorrow. Now obviously I've been working a while, so I'm taking a break to leave a nice post for some of you guys, that post that you have (or maybe haven't) been waiting for so patiently and yet hasn't come for a long time. So now is a post to break the silence and fill you in on some of those crazy ideas that I thought weren't worth posting about.

Side note:JCP I just went back into the archives of your blog and found the houseplant song. Funny, but doesn't quite compare to "some of that Petra". :)

Isn't it weird how the good ideas come to one's mind in the weirdest of places? I can remember multiple times where in the middle of my shower I am struck by some life-changing idea, but then ten minutes later, I forget about it completely. Or maybe I'm just about to fall asleep, when... BAM!! Just sort of appears and totally ruins the next day cause I'm too tired. Or even while I'm toting a gas powered rotating-wire-head on a stick (commonly called weed whacker) across some random parking lot, thinking about this post and what I should mention on it. Even this mention of random location ideas came to me in a random location. O_o

One such idea came while I was listening to some rock music (that some people might consider too hard). I was thinking about how many Christian friends I had in so many different places, and how many of them had different views on different things, for example their opinion of music, whether hard rock is "neat!" or just... "interesting". Or some people who have theology that would be very questionable to others, yet they are indeed (as far as man can tell) Christians. Then another thought came from that idea--no matter what different views they may have on some subjects, they all have the same common factor, the goal of life being to glorify God. This is hard to put down in words :-\ I think some dots can be left for you to connect.

Anywho, the other few ideas that I was to put in this maybe long post have jogged my memory. I shall probably be back to edit this post later.

TTFN.
-Petr

EDIT
====================================================================


"Dinky little pole! A mere breath from my massive lungs with send it flying!"
(suitably edited)

By a request from JCPenney, credit for (finding) this video goes to her. *hrrumph*
I liked this video. I included an inside reference from it. It needed to be posted. I'm tired.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkWjVAFjUBw

10 comments:

  1. Ha! As soon as I saw you posted the video, I went off i search for a pair of headphones so I could listen without bothering anyone else in the house! ;)

    Where did that picture come from? Is it of Nick and was it taken from that view for a reason or was it just a random picture?

    OK I'm done now.

    -Ellentia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is quite obviously Nick. Exceptionally clever, I must say. Wouldn't he like it? Quite manly. :-D

    You know that's MY video, don't you? I so had it first. There was no disclaimer stating this fact.

    And I have no idea what your update notifier is talking about. The sole thing I've done is edit a draft. *shrug* Maybe that counts.

    ~JCP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you stop complaining already!?! I updated, isn't that enough for you?? *sigh* I guess it's pointless...

    Yes, it is Nick and yes it is a random picture that happened to be on the computer.

    I'm tired now, and I'm going to be gone until Monday starting tomorrow, so that won't really help the situation of tired-ness. So stop asking the annoying questions. You will almost certainly get an annoying or annoyed answer. :-|

    Goodbye now.
    -Petr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read your comment on Ell's site. You tell me, would you feel manly if somebody called you a redbird???

    ~JCP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your post, Petra. :o) That video still makes me laugh.

    I like your thoughts about Christians. We are all part of one body, as Paul emphasizes in Ephesians, and Christ uses each one of us so that the body can "grow and build itself up in love".

    And your random great life changing ideas popping up at inconvenient moments is a taste of the poet's life, my friend. :o) Only in my circles it's called The Muse, and it tends to appear just when I'm falling asleep or riding my bike and have neither paper nor pen handy. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just ignore jc, she has no rights to that video and you even said you were looking at it on her site.

    Have fun at your debate camp! I myself never liked debate but each to his own!

    Wow! You got 5 comments the day of the post! I guess this makes six! I wish I could get that many...

    ;)

    -Ellentia

    ReplyDelete
  7. :-) Danke. Your sister commented on my post - she said "cool." I am triumphant that at least one member of your family does not want to pulverize me for liking DWTS! :-) Haha.

    ~JCP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the e-mail, I thought you would not send it. As in, you would forget.

    I did not ask you to comment on DWTS. I know you well enough. :-D

    I'm going to change around the post footer again. Advance warning on the updater. Does it tell you when there's a new comment? I use a Google reader, but it only tells me when people post. Out of curiosity, which one do you use? I know you said somewhere but I will not go back and search for it if I can get you to just tell me. :-)

    ~JCP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I posted, it's your turn now ;)

    What sort of editing did you want to know about? I can probably help if it's something I just recently changed.

    -Ellentia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mom showed me the video. Now I'm trying to figure out how to share it with others - this is your non-technological aunt...missed you last weekend and didn't hear how the time in CO was. Agreeing with you about when good ideas come. Some of my best come on the treadmill.
    I enjoy your writing and thought processes - keep it up!

    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete