Tuesday, November 21, 2006

... And I'm gone.

I just got back from a speech and debate conference, see? And now I be going. I'm almost gone. I have somehow managed to hijack a computer in Dallas, but I don't have much time to say a lot.

So I'm going to Mexico on a mission trip. We're going to a small "colonius" or something, a place somewhere across the border from McAllen, to build houses and spread hope. And also get some merchandise off the local tiny places for a slightly increased price. :)

I have a, err, /profound/ observation from the big DAD to quote for you. F.B. might enjoy the strange quotes from her uncle.

Bubble bubble toil and trouble
How does your garden grow?
With cockle shells and pumpkin smells
All tied up in a five pound note.

:D from Dr. Fear.

3 comments:

  1. Dang it. I started a comment and it disappeared. Dern.

    Anyways, I was saying that my denomination sponsors a "colonia," a village for poor Mexican families. It's located about thirty minutes south of the border. Our high schoolers go on a mission trip every summer; I was so excited about getting to go this past summer, when I found out that lo and behold, Mark was taking us to Tennessee instead. *sigh* I didn't get to go anyways, but I was looking forward to Mexico. Maybe next summer.

    Oh, I finally posted IT.

    ~JCP

    ReplyDelete
  2. *laughs* to Uncle's poem.

    Hope your trip goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fear
    Until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore, you will not know the terror of being forever lost at sea

    ReplyDelete