Saturday, October 08, 2011

Of Yore

In days of old, one named Petr did write upon these pages.

Then came the days.  Yes, you know them well, the days that touch lightly upon one's soul, doing their very best to become mere memories in as short a time as possible.  Soon these days were overrunning Petr's life, and the empty pages remained empty, unexplored opportunities, while 'real life' was to be valued.

But perhaps those days are themselves only passing.

Even so, this person has always had an obsession with updates, the lack thereof, or the continuity of time between said updates.  Curious.

_________________________________________________________________________________

THE ARCHIVE HIGHLIGHTS:

"This is going to be a week with more sleep than normal. I'm out in the middle of nowhere (a small place called Douglass :)"

"Where to begin? How about with the carpet killing."

"Infinity over infinity is equal to Hillary Clinton."

"But then, why not just "leave that question to the philosophers"?"

"What is this thing we call trust? Can it be defined by what we know? Google won't help here. Nor wikipedia. Believe me, I've tried."

"Wisdom from the rabbit: "If you don't know what it is, it will probably kill you.""

"One of them introduced himself as Philos, inviting Petros to come and play a game of cards."(Coincidentally, Annie, I have since discovered that my cousins really were right.  Petra is the proper usage. I apologize for the misleading.)

"Now if anybody understood all of the above, please mention it and I will gladly buy you ice cream"

"Individuals -- what a concept!"

"Well hey, I guess I'll have to learn to be perfect huh?"(As a point of interest, we are now in the midst of a drought that may take until 2020 to recover from)

_________________________________________________________________________________

And so we find ourselves on the evening of October 8, 2011.  My past is full of references as to how time desires to speed along hastily.  I need not refer to them anymore, perhaps?
But maybe my approach these days is different.  I can remember writing some of that stuff, and others now that I'm looking at them wonder where in the world did that come from?  I'm not sure it came from the world.  And the world isn't where I'm going.

So here's what I'm saying -- why lament the speed with which time passes?  Does it not bring us closer to God, be it death or judgement day?  I'm ready for that day.  How many will not?


Sobering or uplifting?  A bit of perspective is extremely helpful, and perhaps that little bit of perspective is so often lacking, even in my own life.  Writing things down has apparently helped clear my mind.

Then again -- perhaps "things" are such as the best way to implement (xy' + yz + x'z)z' in which case it'll only leave me befuddled (not this particular problem mind you, I'm pretty sure that simplifies down to x' + y + z').

Any stories you wish to hear about?  Perhaps one you have that must be shared?

God bless!
-Petr

1 comment: