Monday, October 09, 2006

Its October 9th - right?

Ok, so now I've tried to post this several times and it don't work. Maybe this time...

Now playing, or rather was playing, Pachelbel's Canon in D, played on an electric guitar. See here now.




Enjoy, and make sure its loud. :)

Ok. Now is playing Newsboys. Don't bother with track. It will be finished before I can finish this post.

Nice Pete, but what about a real update, for those who might have the slightest interest in your life?

About two thirty on Friday, Andrew, Dad, and myself (oh, forget grammar and all that) left the house headed for Regents Academy. Regents is where Boy Scout Troop 342 has all its meetings and has a storage hut in the back. So every good campout should start there. From there, the troop headed out to the Trail Between the Lakes, a trail going between... oh, those two lakes to the East of us. I'll have a map link in a minute. Their server is awfully slow right now. Well, anyway, We started at the West end of the trail and headed East about 16 miles. In the first evening when we got their, we hiked about one and a half miles and made camp. At this campsite, Jesse and Nick got a campfire ceremony (big woop) in without a campfire or any real procedure. Dinner and sleep and breakfast and then we broke up camp and hiked close to ten or maybe a couple more the next day. The trail was interesting in the sense that whenever it wasn't road, we were mostly following the marks and making our own trail. This post doesn't have much structure, does it? Just go on and on.... The campfire, um, hour or two that Josh and I planned had more organization, but it was mostly that I read off Computer Stupidities and then various spookers told scary stories. An armadillo came through camp right in the middle of one of those stories. A very important factor in the stories, unmentioned until now, was that we camped right near the Jones Cemetery. :D
New line.
Caleb posted some pictures of that trip. He's Cada on my sidebar.
Sunday morning we packed up and hiked another 1-2 miles to the road. We did not actually go to the end of the trail because that was 28 miles and we didn't have time. We sat around at the trailhead or trailmid and entertained ourselves with many things (pine cone wars) while we waited for Mr. Jones to come pick up the gear. The Suburban can carry people, but not equipment. The group got back at almost exactly one of the clock. Every parent should have been there, but some were delayed (you know who you are!) and some of us had to wait while the rides got there.

If you didn't catch it before, that was a Double H shakedown trip--essentially a training trip for the 2007 trip. Again, check out the pictures on Cada's blog.

and the link is coming up...

This is actually a link from a website about the trail. The trail is between Toledo Bend and Sam Rayburn reservoirs.

http://www.toledo-bend.com/national-forest/images/trailmap.jpg


I went to a lot of effort on this post--enjoy, or else!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I'd love to go on a camping trip like that sometime. Unfortunately, school schedules make it kind of impossible. :o) Pine cone wars remind me of the acorn wars we used to have with those green acorns in our back yard. Those were fun, except you had to be careful not to throw them too hard at the littler guys since they would hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that you playing the guitar? It says "funtwo" though....

    But anyway, I'm impressed with his playing, even if the style of music isn't to my taste ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOHHH, dearie me, Shadow, that actually gave me quite a laugh, but if you must know...

    No way is that me playing the electric guitar. I wish it was, but the long and short of it is, "no". Dad heard about that on NPR (they have something good occasionally) and found this. I want to be able to play like that, but I probably won't. I don't know harldy anything about playing a guitar. SOrry to dissapoint you.

    I have had several people tell me already that the posts are diverting, Cada, maybe they mean it.

    Uhoh, its late. I'm not sure what to say to that, ern. acorns thrown at younger siblings? I never thought you would do anything like that! ;)

    ReplyDelete