Thursday, October 26, 2006

Jordan's deal

Today I saw a picture of Jordan. This is no ordinary picture, this is Jordan with long hair and a trenchcoat.

www.quirky1.blogspot.com


On a different, but still funny, matter, Annalee mined up another funny short. It involves a gopher and a lot of veggies, and the gopher getting sat on (!). Someone did a great job animating it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54MDTMP8fnk

watch about 5 seconds of credits. There is a little more.

If you find humor in paintball, look at what JCP has posted. As I said there, it is quite applicable to several people I know.

http://singdanceandplay.blogspot.com/2006/10/paintball-fun.html

Life continues. That is a fact. So I have some updates.

On Friday last, there was a great big teen pool party. Anyone in Nacogdoches should know, but for the benifit of the others, I can comment on it.
This was out at the Elliot place, a really big house owned by Mr. Elliot. Electric company or something. We pulled up in front of a seemingly average sized house, but in the back was a fully enclosed heated swimming pool, and a hot tub right inside the enclosure right near it. Such a pool party I have never seen. Not all the teens in the homeschool group were there, but it was loud and for the smallish pool, seemingly packed. All afternoon and into the early evening everbody was having a great old time. Half the time, either most of the guys or most of the girls were in the hot tub. Half the time half the people were in line for the diving board. funsies.

On Saturday Evan finally had his Eagle Scout service project. This was an original service project. The whole idea of the project was to restore the tee off locations of the Pecan Park frisbee golf course. So most of the poles had to be dug up, new ones painted and put in, maps be drawn and put on their own metal poles, the proper markings be put on the new posts (we had at least one situation where we marked a post with the wrong number--yeah, I'm to blame for that one) I'm not sure anything else though... The part of the project that the troop did was dealing with the tee posts. That should've gone quickly, but we got hung up in places and the job went from 8 AM to somewhere around 3 or 4 PM.

Any questions, comments? Maybe you should put some more info in those posts, Pete? Good.

Well, that wraps it up. I am still alive, Gus and Arwen. I still have things to say, F.B., even if it isn't a lot. I'm done.

6 comments:

  1. Now I'm really flattered. :-) Try this: I may post again before people read this. On my sidebar, there is a space called "Previous posts." Click on the top link, which will be the Paintball post and you can use that link. That way it won't matter. :-) Just a thought.

    ~JCP

    ReplyDelete
  2. The short was pretty funny, I liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pool party sounds amazing.

    We used to have a mini golf course in Stillwater, but it closed down awhile ago. The frisbee golf course at Boomer Lake is pretty good, I understand, but I don't really know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Link modified, JCP.

    A frisbee golf course at boomer lake? I wonder how many stray frisbees have been lost to the waves. I know I might lose one in such circumstances. I'm not very good...

    You did hear about the clones, Shadow? In one of F.B.'s previous posts, there were a lot of Shadows. Everywhere! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aye, I heard about the clones, or at least I saw with my eye, aye. They. Are. Everywhere.

    ReplyDelete